What is the AFrEZ?
The “Association Francophone des Étudiants de Zürich”, short AFrEZ, is a student organisation of Zürich created in early 2007 . The name and logo derive from the wordplay”l’AFrEZ” which sounds similar to “La Fraise”, the French for strawberry.
Who and how many?
- More than 300 registered members.
- Anyone may become member for free. There are no restrictions linked to spoken language.
- Becoming a member entitles you to receive our newsletter and to have special services and privileged accesses to our events..
- We have members from all over the world. Cameroun, France, Canada, Japan…
The AFrez sets four main goals. To
- welcome new french-speaking students ins Zürich.
- give everyone the chance to taste french-speaking cultre.
- propose qualitatively high events
- make French accessible to our fellow students.
- The VSETH, head student organisation at the ETH
- The VSUZH, head student organisation at the Universität Zürich.
- The Nachtseminar, stutdent parties every thursday in Plaza.
- The AG StuZ, charged of promoting the student parties in the student club StuZ.
- The Veranstaltungsdienst der ETHZ and the Rektoratdienst der Universität, who often are of great help for many of our events, advertisings and decision taking.
- Main Sponsors every year are the wine producers who sponsor us with wine for our yearly automnal “La Dégustation de l’AFrEZ”. A list to those sponsors can be found under “Events/Dégustation”.
Other sponsors have been:
- 2012: Orangina, Ricard
- 2014: Red Bull